Assistant sommelier | Restaurant Cabillaud | 38 hours
work at the largest hospitality organization of North and Central Limburg
Your tasks are
As assistant sommelier you advise our guests with passion and commitment about the wines and dishes. You will guide our guests in an enthusiastic way through the extensive wine list. You listen, advise, inform, surprise and astonish and lift the culinary evening of our guests to a 9+ experience from your knowledge and skills. You support the sommelier in compiling the wine list, wine pairings and wine-food combinations, as well as purchasing, calculating and storing wines. Going to tastings independently or in company of the sommelier. In addition, you are part of the service team and ensure that our guests lack for nothing.
What do we ask of you?
- An average knowledge of wine, in possession of SDEN2 or WSET 2;
- Experience in the hospitality industry and/or a completed hospitality education;
- You are a "people person" with a passion for wine;
- You are representative, flexible, stress resistant, have an eye for detail and a feeling for quality;
- You are driven to expand existing knowledge and share it with the team;
- You have a real hands-on mentality and possess a great sense of responsibility;
- You want to take your learned skills to the next level;
What do we offer you?
- An inspiring, safe and pleasant working environment in the heart of the city of Venlo;
- A young, enthusiastic and motivated team who share with you a passion for good food and hospitality;
- Good supervision by a qualified teacher;
- Salary in accordance with the catering collective labour agreement;
- room for personal development;
- career opportunities within our organization;
- Flexible working hours (both during the week and in the weekend)
Do you recognize yourself? Send your CV & motivation letter to Mariëlle Warmerdam via firstname.lastname@example.org.